The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is one of the Pioneer departments in MITE, offering BE program in Computer Science & Engineering. Started in the Year 2007, the total intake of the Department is 180. The Department has the best facilities, infrastructure, that aids in the overall development of the student. The Department has well equipped Laboratories, loaded with all requisite software packages.
To establish as a Center of Excellence in Education and Research in the field of Computer Science & Engineering for transforming the students into Competent Professionals
- Provide strong theoretical and practical background in Computer Science & Engineering and allied field of Engineering.
- Provide excellent state of the art infrastructure and competent man power to facilitate the need based technical education to the students with ethical and social values.
- Encourage students to involve in Co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Promote Research and Innovation activities among the staff and students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering program will
- Design, develop and maintain reliable software systems to satisfy the needs of customers.
- Do research and development to meet the challenges of changing technologies.
- Work in teams to fulfill the societal and industrial needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
The graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering department will be able to
- Design, develop, test and maintain the software systems that fulfill the needs of the industry and society
- Apply the concept of networking, data storage and computation to solve the real world problems
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
The graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering department will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Department Advisory Board
- Dr. Venkatramana Bhat P, Prof. & Head, Chair Person
- Dr. G L Eashwara Prasad, Principal, Member
- Mr. Annappasamy D R, Senior faculty, Member
- Mr. Ravinarayana B, Senior faculty, Member
- Mr. Shreekumar T, Senior faculty, Member
- Mr. Krishnamoorthy K, Dept NBA coordinator, Member
- Mr. Manjunatha A S, Senior faculty Member, Member
- Mrs. Padmashree G, Senior faculty, Member
- Dr. Annappa, Dept of CSE, NITK Suratkal, Academic Expert
- Mr. Dinesh Naik, Dept of CSE, NITK Surathkal, Academic Expert
- Mr. Bharath Kumar, Team Lead, Infosys Pvt Ltd, Mangalore, Industry Expert
- Mr. Darshan J, Alumini representative
- Ms. Shobitha Bhat, Alumini representative
- Mr. Rajath Rajan, Alumini representative
Non Teaching Staff List
- Mr. Subrahmanyan Anand, System Administrator
- Mr. Nithesh Kumar
- Mrs. Shubha, Foreman
- Ms. Pavithra, Lab Instructor
- Ms. Bhavya, Assistant Lab Instructor
- Mrs. Shwetha, Lab Assistant
- Mrs. Nishmitha, Lab Assistant
- Mr. Bhaskar, Senior Attender
- Mrs. Manisha, Attender
- Mrs. Bhagyalaxmi, Attender
Computer Science Engineering is at the helm of express gateway of information technology and widely sought after. The computer centres at MITE has excellent, state-of-the-art infrastructure with more than 550 Pentium4 systems all on LAN with sophisticated servers and internet connectivity with adequate bandwidth. Requisite software for undertaking all kinds of latest projects are installed in these computers.
C Programming Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with Ubuntu 16.04 preloaded and also with latest browsers. This lab is exclusively meant for first year students to conduct lab experiments using C language.
Web Programming Lab / Project Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Ubuntu 16.04, Apache Server, MySql and latest browsers. The students conduct experiments in web technology and carry out projects during their study.
DBA Lab / CG Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Ubuntu 16.04, MySql, OpenGL software and latest browsers. Students conduct database related experiments and computer graphics related experiments, also carry out mini projects.
Computer Networks Lab / Project Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Ubuntu 16.04 and network simulators like NS2 and latest browsers. Students use this lab to conduct network related experiments and also for carry out projects.
SS OS lab / ML Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Ubuntu 16.04 with Bison package, JAVA, PYTHON and latest browses. The students carry out LEX, YAAC and operating systems related experiments. Machine Learning related experiments are also conducted in this lab.
ADE Lab/ Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
The lab is equipped with 32 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Windows XP, Pspice, XLINX, MASM, Flash Magic, Keil software. The lab also equipped with the electronic equipments like CRO, Function Generator, DC power supply, Digital Trainer kits to facilitate the students to carry out the experiments on Analog and Digital Electronics. The students also carry out the experiments related to microprocessors and microcontrollers in this lab
Data Structures Lab / Algorithms Lab
The lab is equipped with 33 personal computers with latest configurations. PCs are installed with Ubuntu 16.04, JAVA package and latest browsers. The students use this lab to conduct data structure and algorithms related experiments.
The research center in the Computer Science and Engineering department of MITE was established in the years 2013 with a mandate to promote next generation research and teaching activities and it is recognized by VTU, Belagavi.
The research center provides the adequate infrastructure facility to the research scholars that include high computation facility, various modern tools and access to online resources to work in areas such as Cloud Security, Big data analysis, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Wireless Sensor Networks, IoT etc. Currently Six reach scholars are working in the research center.
Among six research scholars two have completed their comprehensive viva-voce. Three research scholars have completed course work, one is working on his course work. The research center is also working on sponsored project funded by govt. funding agency. The research center has contributed good number of quality research publications.
Project titled “Technology Aided Agriculture Optimization” got a sponsorship of 40Lakhs from Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Govt of Karnataka
Department Forum – CORE
CORE – Computer Organization of Resourceful Engineers is a Student Association of Computer Science & Engineering Department, which is established to provide a platform for the student community to express their talent and engage students in latest technologies. CORE organizes various Technical events on the latest technologies for enhancing students’ knowledge with respect to all latest trends in industry. CORE also organizes various non-technical events and provides a platform for students to showcase their talents and help to bring out the hidden talents of students.
CORE Members for the Academic Year 2019-20
President: Keerthan M, Final Year
Vice President: Apoorv Kumar, Third Year
Secretary: Pratheek Shetty, Final Year
Joint Secretary: Shreya G Shetty, Second Year
Treasurer: Nabhan, Third Year
Sports Secretary: Sumith Shetty, Third Year
Joint Sports Secretary: Akash Poojary, Final Year
Cultural Secretary: Raksha N Kamath, Final Year
Joint Cultural Secretary: Supreeth Shetty, Third Year
Technical Secretary: Aboobakar Afridi, Final Year
Joint Technical Secretary: Vineeth Pai, Third Year